Thursday, January 28, 2010

Enough Said


Well Gang:

Barring any unforeseen “developments” (pun fully intended) I think it’s pretty safe to say “The Preliminaries” are over!
With a clear majority of Council in favour of the existing “Crystal Beach Gateway Project”, it certainly appears they will make their commitment official, sometime in March, with the rezoning ruling.
Whether you support the existing plan or not, I think we can agree that “next up” would be O.M.B. hearings ?
While I currently don’t have any involvement or “special insight”  in any such action, like you, I do know that some organizations and individuals, have in fact, started in that direction. Frankly, some of you reading this, more likely than not, possess more knowledge on the matter than I so my commenting on either the concept or mechanics of the issue would be ridiculous.

There are  a couple of instances when I KNOW  I should keep my mouth shut.
1)  When I don’t know what I’m talking about.
2) When I do know what I’m talking about but it simply will not make a difference.

A check of these particular criteria has led me to conclude that it’s time to shut this “bad boy” down.

After witnessing Monday night’s shameless display of disrespect, dysfunction and deceit and working on the assumption that the Bay Beach issue will in fact go to the O.M.B. (and yes it is an assumption)
I suspect attitudes, positions, and arguments, will become much, much more extreme. So much so that managing a reasonably “open & friendly” forum like this one will become impossible (at least for me).

Conversely, contemplating the possibility that the issue, as it stands, does NOT go before the O.M.B. leads me to consider that perhaps I’ve made a very serious error in the selection of where my wife and I would eventually retire to.

As they say…”live and learn”

To those of you who have read the comments on this weblog…
I THANK YOU for your time !!!


To those who have contributed …
I THANK YOU for your words !!!

Sincerely,
John