Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fair enough

I received a “heads up” informing me that my reference to  “the majority of residents” in my June 8, 2010 post was being rightfully challenged. Here is the direct quote from me:

“What of their “due diligence” to the majority of residents that oppose this development?

In the absence of any official, scientific, independent survey, I am basing the “majority” conclusion on two things: 

1)     1)  Personal conversation with Fort Erie residents such as neighbours, beach patrons, fellow shoppers, folks sitting at the bar, business owners & employees, fellow property owners, officers & members of service groups, officers & members of youth sports organizations, Fire Fighters, Police Officers, Town employees, Fishermen, Tradesmen and others.
2)    2)   The number of presentations to Town Council in opposition to the plan as opposed to the number presenting in support of it.

Therefor it’s an opinion. Just as it is an opinion that a majority of residents support the plan.

So, if I may ?

Given the difference in opinion, might it not be helpful to ask voters, before we go any further, if they support the existing plan or not?

Respectfully,
John